During the last 24 hours, a total of 11,264 COVID-19 patients have been cured. This is the highest number of recovered patients recorded in a day. 82,369 patients have been cured of COVID-19. This has resulted in a recovery rate of 47.40% amongst COVID-19 patients, an increase of 4.51% in the recovery rate from the previous day’s recovery rate of 42.89%.
With respect to the health infrastructure in the country for management of COVID-19, following are now available to combat COVID-19 in the country: –
- COVID Hospitals = 942
- Isolation beds = 1,58,908
- ICU beds = 20,608
- Oxygen supported beds = 69,384
- COVID Health Centres = 2,380
- Isolation beds = 1,33,678
- ICU beds = 10,916
- Oxygen supported beds = 45,750
- Quarantine Centres = 10,541
- COVID Care Centres =7,304
- Beds = 6,64,330
- N95 masks = 119.88 lakh
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to the States/ UTs / Central Institutions = 96.14 lakh
It is essential that all guidelines on physical distancing are followed at public places and workplaces; hand hygiene including frequent hand washing and respiratory hygiene is maintained; mask or face covers are used in public places; and coughing/respiratory etiquettes are followed.
The management of COVID-19 is only possible, when relaxations during the lockdown situation has not be taken for granted.