As the cases are increasing due to Pandemic, Uttar Pradesh, has implemented new Strategies for administration and has determined that the Private and Government offices, and markets will remain closed on weekends will work five days a week during Unlock- Covid-19.
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath has taken the decision to close markets to control the spread of coronavirus disease. Additional Head Secretary, Home Department, Awanish K Awasthi said banks and other industrial units are not going to close.
The production would be allowed in factories, the transportation of goods and vehicles carrying critical commodities.
“At weekends there will be complete restrictions on social activities, sanitation, screening and cleanliness drives will be carried out by the health and other government departments,” the top state officials said.
Also the government and private offices should operate five days a week. A state official said the police were ordered to take strict action against those who violated the orders.
The state has already imposed a 55-hour mini lockdown till Monday where everything else is closed except for essential and some other services. The curbs are set to lift Monday at 5 am.
What is open or what’s closed?
- Throughout the lockout all departments, rural and urban mandates, markets, and business establishments must remain closed.
- All of the critical facilities, educational care and emergency services will remain available as before. Movement of people working for vital services, corona warriors, doorstep delivery personnel and cleanliness workers will not be limited.
- Trains are to continue running. State transport corporation must arrange for the transportation of people who come on trains to the capital.
- UP Roadways buses will not be operating during the lockdown phase.
- It will continue to fly domestic and international flights as before.
- There will be no limit on carriers’ movement of goods. National and state roads are to remain open. Petrol pumps and dhabas are left open along the highways.
- Industrial establishments are to remain open in rural areas.
- Offices associated with essential services shall remain open.
- Order related to recent Lockdown in UP can be found here: – http://information.up.nic.in/attachments/files/5f0aca28-95f8-4b78-b9a8-7c010af72573.pdf
This Article is Written by Ayush Garg, 2nd Year Student of Gujarat National Law University.